Please Read All Pages Carefully.
MUSICinMALDIVES.com is a public forum open to all age groups, including music professionals, enthusiasts and students and laymen. As such, there are guidelines for the conduct of visitors to the site that will be rigorously enforced so as to maintain the general decency of the text, images and sound files, or any other content or links posted on the site.
As a user of this forum, you agree to abide by the following guidelines. Users found in violation of these guidelines will not be warned prior to deleting their posts or comments. It is up to the contributor to revise the content if they wish to be published. If a contributor violates the regulations repeatedly, they will be banned without notice at the sole discretion of the moderator(s).
- Maintain a friendly and open attitude when contributing content and responding to comments. Be respectful of other users.
- Personal attacks or comments, and posts on personal matters such as to why or how an individual or group of musicians or a band are no longer working together, etc., or comments or posts pertaining to individuals’ or groups’ business decisions, or content that might incite controversy on sensitive topics and issues, will not be entertained at any instance.
- Avoid using proper names unless it is absolutely necessary.
- No foul language should be used at any circumstances. Similarly, any material that is in breach of – either explicitly or implicitly – the culturally acceptable norms of Maldivian society will not be entertained.
- Avoid dual languages in the same post. For example, Latinized/Romanized Dhivehi mixed with English.
- Efforts should be made to maintain readability of text contributions so as not to discourage readers. For example, as much as possible, language used in posts and comments should be suitable for print format as opposed to language used for ‘chatting’. Hence, proper spellings should be used instead of abbreviations or shortened forms.
Moderation of the site can be manual, automated via code, or both. The user will not be notified if the moderation process deletes a contributor’s post or comment.
In any eventuality, the moderator(s) reserves the right to the content that may be published on the site. And the moderator(s) also reserves the right to add, edit, change or remove (either partially or in full) any text that may be submitted before publishing on the site.
MUSICinMALDIVES.com also reserves the right to publish content in any additional avenues other that MUSICinMALDIVES.com. This might include other websites or print media, etc. The original contributor(s) will not be notified in such instances, nor will the original contributor(s) reserve any rights or claims for their contributions after they have been submitted to MUSICinMALDIVES.com.
Any spamming activity shall not be tolerated. This may include posts and/or comments with multiple links that are out of context. Random commenting and comments which has no bearing on the post shall also be considered as spam.
The opinions expressed by Authors in posts or in users’ and visitors’ comments do not neccessarily reflect that of MUSICinMALDIVES.com nor shall MUSICinMALDIVES.com be responsible for its contents. MUSICinMALDIVES.com shall not be held responsible for the contents published on external websites. Terms of the Acceptable Use Policy may change without prior notice.
Thank you. And enjoy!